Barnett Computer Services
Windows 2000 Tutorials
Unattended Install from CD-ROM
An unattended install or Windows 2000 can be performed by booting from CD-ROM. Therefore, your computer must support booting from CD-ROM and must adhere to the El-Torito non-emulation specification.
The procedure is as follows:
- Using Setup Manager, create and unattended answer file.
- Add a [Data] section with the following entries.
- Save as winnt.sif on floppy.
- Insert Windows 2000 CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Insert the floppy disk into disk drive.
- In CMOS, change boot order so CD-ROM is first
- Boot up computer on Windows 2000 CD.
NOTE: This installation is limited to a single partition and you cannot specify third-party drivers during Setup.